The project will connect the existing Cairo Ring Road and the district of Shubra with the Cairo-Alexandria Desert Highway.
The key features of the project are likely to include:
- A design, build, finance, operate and maintain contract of 20 years.
- A total length of 35 km.
- Eight lanes, four in each direction.
- Service road on both sides.
- Alignment for twin-track light rail.
- Two major bridges across the River Nile with approximate spans of 300 metres each.
- About 30 small bridges and embankments.
- Six major intersections.
- Services buildings.